We are learning how to write an information report using information gathered through research
One of my personal writing goals is:
Use different sentence structures, beginnings, lengths.
Evidence I am developing this in my writing:
Each time I do a new writing sentence starter I will start it with a new/different word each time so then I am not constantly using the same boring word.
Insert an image of your final / teacher conferences draft:
Publish your Information Report here:
In 1986 on the 26th of April, the tragic incident of Chernobyl took place. A tragic incident that shocked the world.The Chernobyl disaster was a nuclear accident caused by a nuclear reactor in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. The disaster was horrible and caused many deaths of adults and helpless children. People survived but some still suffered and are still suffering the consequences of an event that happened many years ago, Also this event has affected child birth after the incident making these poor children having to live their lives in hospitals.
How did it happen?
This event was caused by a nuclear incident caused by a nuclear reaction in the Chernobyl power plant. I dug deeper into the situation and found this.
(Another reason for the release of radioactive materials was that the Chernobyl reactor operated very differently than other power plants. Nearly all plants operate on the principle called a “self-sustaining nuclear fission chain reaction,” where neutrons bombard or hit atoms in the fuel, causing fission).
How could we have prevented it?
It turns out that the properly designed process controls could have prevented the incident at Chernobyl. The operators at the nuclear power plant were poorly trained for the job. The Chernobyl accident occurred during a test run in the power plant, which was a test to improve plant safety. That was when it all happened, In conclusion they did not understand the process that must be understood before it can be controlled.
Kahurangi, you have worked well on this unit combining your reading and writing skills to produce an information report. You are working at Level 4 of the curriculum, with skills developing in Level 5. I like the way you are reflecting and re-working to continually improve your writing.
ReplyDelete